Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I Can't Dance, So Don't Ask Me.


I am going to miss Kate Gossilin on "Dancing With the Stars". I have been in possession of two left feet ever since I can remember, and when it comes to moving around I have absolutely no sense of rhythm. For years, I thought I was the worst dancer in the world. Then Kate showed up on "Dancing With the Stars". Yowsa did she suck. Not only that, I really missed the angry lesbian haircut she used to have. Kate has a real uptight, rigid, inflexible quality that when not allowed to express itself through her hairdo (or by berating Jon), seemed to have no place to go but into her dance. Her interpretation of what I think was supposed to be the paso doble was on of the strangest things I have ever seen on T.V. It made Bruno Tunioli look like just a regular guy. It was wackadoodle, weird T.V. at it's finest, in other words, this is the kind of junk T.V. I live for. In the paso doble, Kate was pursued by the bull (the press) in some sort artistic scold of the paparazzi, that would have been bad performed by good dancers, but with Kate at the helm the thing fell apart faster than a Dollar Store beach toy in the hands of a four year old. I just love how absolutely impervious to shame this woman is. If I had stomped around the floor in such an absurd mess, I would have gone home weeping and sulked into hiding for awhile. Not Kate, she is just learning to dance, you mean people (like me) JUDGING her. I just love it when she gets all self-righteous and indignant, and plays the "I-m-just-trying-to-earn-a-living-and-feed-my-babies. Why-are-you-oppressing-me-by-making-fun-of-my-dancing-card?" Um, 'cause you are on a dancing show. Trying to learn to dance myself I learned avoid dancing. What tone-deaf is to singing, my feet are to dancing. But not our Kate, she has eight little mouths to feed, and all I can say is she must really love those kids.

5 comments:

  1. I've never even seen the show, but good Lord, I've heard how bad she is, and that's just proof (as if we need more) how stupid shows like this are. If you're supposed to be voting for the people who are actually doing well, why did she stay on the show so long? Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has been quite painful to watch! Maybe she'll come up with another brilliant plan to feed her babies, like go on Survivor- that would be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with every single thing you said in this post!!! If you start a cult, I will join it.

    :-D Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too kind! I've always wanted my own cult!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just stumbling around and I found your blog. Too funny. I have added Kate's hair to my FB profile. You can see that pic here.

    http://lexlocilori.blogspot.com/2010/04/me-and-my-glamoury-self.html

    ReplyDelete