Friday, October 1, 2010

Welcome to the Halloween Edition!



Welcome to the Halloween Edition of "Joannafesto" which promises to be SPOOKtacular! I have put together a playlist of music to get you in the mood to haunt your 'hood which I believe may very well be definitive. Or not.

First, poll results are in on the hot topic of the "Snuggie". Only one person considers the "Snuggie" a friend and three of you think the "Snuggie" is a foe. The majority of my readership -- all eight of you -- have not been fooled by the clever marketing campaign and believe that the "Snuggie" is, after all, just a backwards robe. What this all means in the greater gestalt of things, I do not know, but when I figure it out I will let you know.

On to my next issue of business: I have been working on the genealogy of my family, which is a bit like hanging-out with dead people. Since this is a more than appropriate activity in preparation for the season which will soon be upon us, consider getting in the mood by taking a stroll through a virtual cemetery at my new favorite website: www.findagrave.com.

I do love an old cemetery. One of my favorites is the famous Bonaventure cemetery in Savannah, Georgia. It is one of the most breathtakingly beautiful places I have ever been. Haunted by a group of etheric revelers from a plantation home that long ago burned to the ground the place echoes with the sense that even after death, the party in Savannah goes on. Take a seat on the park bench that is poet Conrad Aikin's memorial. It reads: Give my love to the world. Cosmos Mariner -- Destination Unknown. If it is Friday, meet there for martinis and stroll past composer Johnny Mercer's grave, with your "traveler" in hand and maybe hum a few bars from "Moon River".

2 comments:

  1. Snuggies rock.

    If you are going to be in DC for the Rally to Restore Sanity, you MUST drop by and see the cemetery/front yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't do the rally in person since that is the day before Halloween and I have a commitment to haunt the hood:(

    ReplyDelete