Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Computer Ate My Homework

Lea Michele during the 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards, held at the Nokia Theatre, on August 29, 2010, in Los Angeles. Photo: Michael Germana / Star Max Photo via Newscom


Monday I put together an entire "Emmy Fashion Smackdown" blog, with tons of pictures and my charming commentary. Just as I conducted one last spell check, the computer locked-up and after hours of tedious work finding and posting photos, I could no longer open the post. Whenever I tried to open the post, the computer locked-up and I had to shut the whole thing down again. It was with a heavy heart I deleated an entire afternoon's worth of work. I gave-up for the day and tuned into "E! The Fashion Police" to get a blow-by-blow of the Emmy fashion from the professionals.

They were using the same damn stuff I had written about, and lost that afternoon. Stuff about how Christina Hendricks may have been showing too much of a good thing:
Actress Christina Hendricks arrives at the Entertainment Tonight After-Party for the 62nd annual Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles, California August 29, 2010. Picture taken August 29, 2010. REUTERS/Jason Redmond (UNITED STATES - Tags: ENTERTAINMENT)



and I kinda' thought she looked like she was molting because of the feathers. I also commented that Lauren Graham looked like she'd just come from "Red Lobster". Joan Rivers jumped on that one.

29 August 2010 - Los Angeles, California - Lauren Graham. 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards held at NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE. Photo Credit: Byron Purvis/AdMedia


That was MY bit, too, except now no one will know I said it first. Kelly Osbourne seconded my opinion that January Jones' blue dress looked like coffee filters. That was mine first, but it is lost to the ages and I will never get credit. Also the part where I referred to her as "Madonna Smurf" was lost to the ages.
January Jones during the 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards, held at the Nokia Theatre, on August 29, 2010, in Los Angeles. Photo: Michael Germana / Star Max Photo via Newscom


We disagreed on a few things: Their "best dressed" went to Lea Michele; mine went to Kim Kardashian or maybe it was Claire Danes. I don't remember.
Photo by: RE/Westcom/Starmaxinc.com 2010  8/29/10 Kim Kardashian, The 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards held at the Nokia Theatre in (Los Angeles, CA.) Photo via Newscom


Actress Claire Danes walks on stage during the 62nd annual Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles, on August 29, 2010.  UPI/Jim Ruymen Photo via Newscom


I don't remember what else I said. I am sure it is all out there in cyberspace somewhere, I just can't get to it. Like "The Fashion Police", surely I pondered the question of why Kyra Sedgwick didn't bother to comb her hair.
LOS ANGELES - AUG 29: Kyra Sedgwick in the Press Room at the 2010 Emmy Awards at Nokia Theater at LA Live on August 29, 2010 in Los Angeles, CA Photo via Newscom



I didn't discuss the men, I do remember that much. All they have to do is put on a tuxedo. How hard is that? Besides, we all know it's all about Clooney. Who gives a shit what the other guys look like?

LOS ANGELES - AUG 29: George Clooney in the Press Room at the 2010 Emmy Awards at Nokia Theater at LA Live on August 29, 2010 in Los Angeles, CA Photo via Newscom


Who knew -- posting a picture of Clooney kinda' makes me feel better. I picked January Jones as "Worst Dressed"; "The Fashion Police" selected Anna Paquin. We both pondered why she dressed like a bullfighter.

Primetime Emmy Awards Arrivals held at The Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles, California on August 29th, 2010. Anna Paquin                                            Fame Pictures, Inc


That's all I can remember of my post, and I am posting this before the computer eats it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment